Freeform

Alan Browne

Feb 19, 2023, 11:22:17 AM2/19/23

Apple snuck a new app onto the iPhone / iPad in the 16.2 update.

I didn't even notice it until today !

If there was a banner announcing it I certainly missed it.

Nice app - possible use with a client with some shared docs - TBD - will
bring it up this week.

Would be nice if it were also on Mac OS.

--
“Donald Trump and his allies and supporters are a clear and present
danger to American democracy.”

heron stone

Feb 19, 2023, 11:47:46 AM2/19/23
On Feb 19, 2023, Alan Browne wrote
(in article <Y0sIL.1010346$iU59....@fx14.iad>):

> Apple snuck a new app onto the iPhone / iPad in the 16.2 update.
>
> I didn't even notice it until today !
>
> If there was a banner announcing it I certainly missed it.
>
> Nice app - possible use with a client with some shared docs - TBD - will
> bring it up this week.
>
> Would be nice if it were also on Mac OS.

it IS on macOS

Jolly Roger

Feb 19, 2023, 11:55:40 AM2/19/23
On 2023-02-19, Alan Browne <bitb...@blackhole.com> wrote:

> Apple snuck a new app onto the iPhone / iPad in the 16.2 update.
>
> I didn't even notice it until today !
>
> If there was a banner announcing it I certainly missed it.
>
> Nice app - possible use with a client with some shared docs - TBD - will
> bring it up this week.
>
> Would be nice if it were also on Mac OS.

It was announced during WWDC 2022, IIRC. And Apple announced it on their
website:

<https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2022/12/apple-launches-freeform-a-powerful-new-app-designed-for-creative-collaboration/>

It's available for macOS as well as iOS and iPadOS.

I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but it looks promising.

JR

Alan Browne

Feb 19, 2023, 11:58:20 AM2/19/23
So it is. Just not mine. Stuck at 10.14 here for a couple reasons.

Alan Browne

Feb 19, 2023, 12:10:09 PM2/19/23
On 2023-02-19 11:55, Jolly Roger wrote:
> On 2023-02-19, Alan Browne <bitb...@blackhole.com> wrote:
>>
>> Apple snuck a new app onto the iPhone / iPad in the 16.2 update.
>>
>> I didn't even notice it until today !
>>
>> If there was a banner announcing it I certainly missed it.
>>
>> Nice app - possible use with a client with some shared docs - TBD - will
>> bring it up this week.
>>
>> Would be nice if it were also on Mac OS.
>
> It was announced during WWDC 2022, IIRC. And Apple announced it on their
> website:
>
> <https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2022/12/apple-launches-freeform-a-powerful-new-app-designed-for-creative-collaboration/>

I don't watch those events much beyond what I'm looking for at the time.
ie: when I'm looking to buy a phone, then I'll watch those
announcements otherwise skip the section (I rarely watch these events
"live").
Nor do I patrol the Apple pages much (more recently the Mac pages
waiting for the next iMac v.).

> It's available for macOS as well as iOS and iPadOS.

Yeah - caught up to that...

> I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but it looks promising.

Indeed.

Jolly Roger

Feb 19, 2023, 4:23:36 PM2/19/23
On 2023-02-19, Alan Browne <bitb...@blackhole.com> wrote:
> On 2023-02-19 11:47, heron stone wrote:
>> On Feb 19, 2023, Alan Browne wrote
>> (in article <Y0sIL.1010346$iU59....@fx14.iad>):
>>
>>> Apple snuck a new app onto the iPhone / iPad in the 16.2 update.
>>>
>>> I didn't even notice it until today !
>>>
>>> If there was a banner announcing it I certainly missed it.
>>>
>>> Nice app - possible use with a client with some shared docs - TBD -
>>> will bring it up this week.
>>>
>>> Would be nice if it were also on Mac OS.
>>
>> it IS on macOS
>
> So it is. Just not mine. Stuck at 10.14 here for a couple reasons.

Same here. It'll be some time before I upgrade to Ventura on most of my
Macs at home.

Alan Browne

Feb 19, 2023, 6:15:53 PM2/19/23
On 2023-02-19 16:23, Jolly Roger wrote:
> On 2023-02-19, Alan Browne <bitb...@blackhole.com> wrote:
>> On 2023-02-19 11:47, heron stone wrote:
>>> On Feb 19, 2023, Alan Browne wrote
>>> (in article <Y0sIL.1010346$iU59....@fx14.iad>):

>>> it IS on macOS
>>
>> So it is. Just not mine. Stuck at 10.14 here for a couple reasons.
>
> Same here. It'll be some time before I upgrade to Ventura on most of my
> Macs at home.

My SO is up to date (M1 MBA) - but not her iPhone (7).

If Apple could get the lead out on the next iMac please!

Only need that and to replace my SO's iPhone 7 to bring the household up
to date-ish.

Leonard Blaisdell

Feb 19, 2023, 6:37:15 PM2/19/23
On 2023-02-19, Alan Browne <bitb...@blackhole.com> wrote:

> Apple snuck a new app onto the iPhone / iPad in the 16.2 update.
>
> I didn't even notice it until today !
>
> If there was a banner announcing it I certainly missed it.
>
> Nice app - possible use with a client with some shared docs - TBD - will
> bring it up this week.
>
> Would be nice if it were also on Mac OS.

Thanks for the heads-up! My wife's a quilter, and the app will prove
most useful in her designs. She has used a third party app until now.

Ant

Feb 19, 2023, 7:46:51 PM2/19/23
What was that third party app?
--
"He who despises his neighbor sins, but blessed is he who is kind to the needy." --Proverbs 14:21. Quiet long Presidents' weekend due to no PCs' upgrades? Almost every1 is BUSY. :(
| |o o| |

Leonard Blaisdell

Feb 19, 2023, 8:31:01 PM2/19/23
On 2023-02-20, Ant <a...@zimage.comANT> wrote:

> What was that third party app?

Procreate. It only works on iPads and iPhones. She has just glanced at
Freeform, so we'll see.

John Robertson

Feb 19, 2023, 10:01:07 PM2/19/23
On 2023/02/19 5:58 pm, Alan Browne wrote:

>> it IS on macOS
>
> So it is. Just not mine. Stuck at 10.14 here for a couple reasons.

You'd better upgrade to 13 because it's the only release with full patches.

Jolly Roger

Feb 19, 2023, 10:40:17 PM2/19/23
Which specific patches are supposedly "missing" according to you,
trollboi?

John Robertson

Feb 21, 2023, 10:05:54 PM2/21/23
On 2023/02/20 3:40 am, Jolly Roger wrote:

>> You'd better upgrade to 13 because it's the only release with full patches.
>
> Which specific patches are supposedly "missing" according to you,
> trollboi?

Almost all of them. Have you not read any Apple news lately?

Apple widely published they are not completely patching anything but 13.
Which is why I provided the friendly useful upgrade to 13 or else warning.

Do you need me to look up that news for you or are you capable of doing it?

Jolly Roger

Feb 21, 2023, 11:03:40 PM2/21/23
On 2023-02-20, John Robertson <sp...@flippers.com> wrote:
> On 2023/02/20 3:40 am, Jolly Roger wrote:
>
>>> You'd better upgrade to 13 because it's the only release with full
>>> patches.
>>
>> Which specific patches are supposedly "missing" according to you,
>> trollboi?
>
> Almost all of them.

So you can't name one, as expected. Your trolls are weak.

Alan

Feb 22, 2023, 1:21:07 AM2/22/23
On 2023-02-19 20:34, John Robertson wrote:
> On 2023/02/20 3:40 am, Jolly Roger wrote:
>
>>> You'd better upgrade to 13 because it's the only release with full
>>> patches.
>>
>> Which specific patches are supposedly "missing" according to you,
>> trollboi?
>
> Almost all of them. Have you not read any Apple news lately?

"Almost all of them" is a dodge.

Jim S

Feb 22, 2023, 3:31:07 AM2/22/23
In article <news:k5ligp...@mid.individual.net>, Jolly Roger
<jolly...@pobox.com> says...

>>> Which specific patches are supposedly "missing" according to you,
>>> trollboi?
>>
>> Almost all of them.
>
> So you can't name one, as expected.

UPGRADE TO GET YOUR UPDATES
Apple clarifies security update policy: Only the latest OS is fully patched
New document confirms what most security researchers have known for years.
ANDREW CUNNINGHAM - 10/27/2022, 10:18 AM

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2022/10/apple-clarifies-security-update-policy-only-the-latest-oses-are-fully-patched/
--
Jim S

Jolly Roger

Feb 22, 2023, 10:50:59 AM2/22/23
On 2023-02-22, Jim S <j...@jimXscott.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <news:k5ligp...@mid.individual.net>, Jolly Roger
><jolly...@pobox.com> says...

>>> Almost all of them.
>>
>> So you can't name one, as expected.
>
> UPGRADE TO GET YOUR UPDATES Apple clarifies security update policy:
> Only the latest OS is fully patched New document confirms what most
> security researchers have known for years. ANDREW CUNNINGHAM -
> 10/27/2022, 10:18 AM

Still can't name just one, as expected. Your trolls are weak.

Jolly Roger

Feb 22, 2023, 10:52:13 AM2/22/23
On 2023-02-22, Alan <nuh...@nope.com> wrote:

>>> Which specific patches are supposedly "missing" according to you,
>>> trollboi?
>>
>> Almost all of them. Have you not read any Apple news lately?
>
> "Almost all of them" is a dodge.

It's worse: He can't name just one, which is especially pathetic
considering "name just one" is one of his absolute favorite catch
phrases.

Jim S

Feb 22, 2023, 12:05:04 PM2/22/23
In article <news:k5mrv1...@mid.individual.net>, Jolly Roger
<jolly...@pobox.com> says...

> Still can't name just one, as expected.

You win. You've convinced me you believe the earth is flat.
Nobody can disabuse you of that notion that the earth is, *to you*, flat.

I will agree with you that the earth is flat since you insist on me proving
to you, an idiot, that the earth is not flat, and I don't have the time.
https://hothardware.com/news/apple-admits-only-fully-patches-security-flaws-in-latest-os-releases

Nobody can prove *to you*, an idiot, that the earth is not flat.

Not even Apple.
https://support.apple.com/guide/depoyment/about-software-updates-depc4c80847a/web

It wouldn't matter *to you* how many articles tell you the earth is round.
https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2022/10/apple-clarifies-security-update-policy-only-the-latest-oses-are-fully-patched/

It's impossible *for you*, an idiot, to learn anything, even from Apple.
https://screenrant.com/apple-product-security-update-lifespan/
"Apple's own support document notes that only the latest release
provides full protection from security vulnerabilities"

If you respond again that I haven't proved *to you* that the earth is
round, and if you repeat that, *to you*, the earth certainly feels flat *to
you* and if I am to ten tell you it's round, then I need to prove *to you*,
an idiot, that the earth is not flat.

If I don't respond to your idiocy, it's because I've assessed that it's
going to be impossible to prove *to you* that the earth is not flat no
matter how much you insist I prove *to you* that the earth is flat.
--
Jim S

Jim S

Feb 22, 2023, 12:08:10 PM2/22/23
In article <news:k5ms1a...@mid.individual.net>, Jolly Roger
<jolly...@pobox.com> says...

> He can't...

You're right.
You win.

You've convinced me that, *to you*, an idiot, the earth is flat.
Not only is the earth flat *to you*, an idiot, but it always was flat.
And the earth always will be flat *to you*, an idiot.

No matter what Apple says about their release policy being what it is.
https://support.apple.com/guide/depoyment/about-software-updates-depc4c80847a/

Nobody can disabuse you of that notion that the earth is, *to you*, flat.

I will agree with you that the earth is flat since you insist on me proving
to you, an idiot, that the earth is not flat, and I don't have the time.
https://hothardware.com/news/apple-admits-only-fully-patches-security-flaws-in-latest-os-releases

Nobody can prove *to you*, an idiot, that the earth is not flat.
Not even Apple.

Jolly Roger

Feb 22, 2023, 3:15:01 PM2/22/23
On 2023-02-22, Jim S <j...@jimXscott.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <news:k5mrv1...@mid.individual.net>, Jolly Roger
><jolly...@pobox.com> says...
>
>> Still can't name just one, as expected.
>
> You win.

Yes, despite "name just one" being your absolute *favorite* catch
phrase, you are unable to do just that here. You can't name a specific
security vulnerability that isn't patched in the previous version of
iOS, iPadOS, or macOS running on Apple devices but was applied to the
current version. As usual, your lame, little troll has *failed*. You're
a pathetic know-nothing troll, Arlen.

Jolly Roger

Feb 22, 2023, 3:16:21 PM2/22/23
On 2023-02-22, Jim S <j...@jimXscott.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <news:k5ms1a...@mid.individual.net>, Jolly Roger
><jolly...@pobox.com> says...
>
>> He can't...
>
> You're right.

I know.

> You win.

Yep. And all I had to do was demand you provide just one specific
instance, which you failed to do. Your lame, little trolls are easily
debunked, Arlen. : )

Jim S

Feb 22, 2023, 3:54:17 PM2/22/23
In article <news:k5nbgh...@mid.individual.net>, Jolly Roger
<jolly...@pobox.com> says...

> And all I had to do was demand you provide just one specific
> instance

Do you really want just one?
There are so many.
Why just one?

Here it is though.
Since you asked for it.

https://www.cisa.gov/uscert/ncas/current-activity/2023/02/14/apple-releases-security-updates-multiple-products
Attackers took control of Apple devices visiting a malicious web site.
For Safari 16.3.1 https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT213638
iOS 16.3.1 and iPadOS 16.3.1 https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT213635
macOS 13.2.1 https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT213633

That's patched *ONLY* in a single fully supported iOS & macOS release.

You are so stupid you didn't even realize that zero day bug existed!
--
Jim S

Jim S

Feb 22, 2023, 3:54:47 PM2/22/23
In article <news:k5nbe3...@mid.individual.net>, Jolly Roger
<jolly...@pobox.com> says...

> You can't name a specific
> security vulnerability that isn't patched in the previous version of
> iOS, iPadOS, or macOS running on Apple devices but was applied to the
> current version.

Are you really that stupid? And ignorant?
Both at the same time.

Are you serious that you're that stupid that you can't find even one?
There are so many unpatched holes, I'm surprised you only want one.

Here it is though.
https://www.cisa.gov/uscert/ncas/current-activity/2023/02/14/apple-releases-security-updates-multiple-products
Attackers took control of Apple devices visiting a malicious web site.
For Safari 16.3.1 https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT213638
iOS 16.3.1 and iPadOS 16.3.1 https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT213635
macOS 13.2.1 https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT213633

That's patched *ONLY* in a single fully supported iOS & macOS release.
Worse, you're so uninformed you didn't even know that zero day existed!

EOD
--
Jim S

Jolly Roger

Feb 22, 2023, 5:32:39 PM2/22/23
On 2023-02-22, Jim S <j...@jimXscott.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <news:k5nbgh...@mid.individual.net>, Jolly Roger
><jolly...@pobox.com> says...
>
>> And all I had to do was demand you provide just one specific
>> instance
>
> Do you really want just one?

Can you name just one?

> Here it is though.
> Since you asked for it.
>
> https://www.cisa.gov/uscert/ncas/current-activity/2023/02/14/apple-releases-security-updates-multiple-products
> Attackers took control of Apple devices visiting a malicious web site.
> For Safari 16.3.1 https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT213638
> iOS 16.3.1 and iPadOS 16.3.1 https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT213635
> macOS 13.2.1 https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT213633
>
> That's patched *ONLY* in a single fully supported iOS & macOS release.

What you dishonestly omitted is that this vulnerability doesn't even
exist in older versions, so there's nothing to patch:

<https://securityaffairs.com/142200/hacking/apple-zero-day-iphones-macs.html>
---
The flaw impacts iPhone 8 and later, iPad Pro (all models), iPad Air
3rd generation and later, iPad 5th generation and later, iPad mini 5th
generation and later, and Macs running macOS Ventura.
---

If you are going to claim that this vulnerability supposedly exists in
older versions of iOS, iPadOS, and macOS, you're going to have to
provide evidence of that claim. (And we already know you won't, because
you can't, because no such evidence exists.)

> You are so stupid

Projection from a know-nothing troll, as usual. You *still* have not
been able to name just one. Your trolls are weak and easily debunked,
Arlen. You're just a big pile of failure. : )

Jolly Roger

Feb 22, 2023, 5:35:55 PM2/22/23
On 2023-02-22, Jim S <j...@jimXscott.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <news:k5nbe3...@mid.individual.net>, Jolly Roger
><jolly...@pobox.com> says...
>
>> You can't name a specific security vulnerability that isn't patched
>> in the previous version of iOS, iPadOS, or macOS running on Apple
>> devices but was applied to the current version.
>
> Are you really that stupid? And ignorant? Both at the same time.

Projection.

> Are you serious that you're that stupid that you can't find even one?
> There are so many unpatched holes, I'm surprised you only want one.
>
> Here it is though.
> https://www.cisa.gov/uscert/ncas/current-activity/2023/02/14/apple-releases-security-updates-multiple-products
> Attackers took control of Apple devices visiting a malicious web site.
> For Safari 16.3.1 https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT213638
> iOS 16.3.1 and iPadOS 16.3.1 https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT213635
> macOS 13.2.1 https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT213633
>
> That's patched *ONLY* in a single fully supported iOS & macOS release.
> Worse, you're so uninformed you didn't even know that zero day existed!

Projection. You are so stupid and ignorant that you didn't even know
that this vulnerability only affects the latest version of webkit on the
iPhone 8 and later, iPad Pro (all models), iPad Air 3rd generation and
later, iPad 5th generation and later, iPad mini 5th generation and
later, and Macs running macOS Ventura, which means there the
vulnerability doesn't even exist on older versions!

<https://securityaffairs.com/142200/hacking/apple-zero-day-iphones-macs.html>
---
The flaw impacts iPhone 8 and later, iPad Pro (all models), iPad Air 3rd
generation and later, iPad 5th generation and later, iPad mini 5th
generation and later, and Macs running macOS Ventura.

Apple addressed the CVE-2023-23529 flaw with the release of iOS 16.3.1,
iPadOS 16.3.1, and macOS Ventura 13.2.1.
---

You are an *idiot*, Arlen. And your weak trolls are easily debunked. : )

John Robertson

Feb 23, 2023, 10:01:04 PM2/23/23
On 2023/02/22 6:21 am, Alan wrote:

>> Almost all of them. Have you not read any Apple news lately?
>
> "Almost all of them" is a dodge.

Not when the latest release gets around a score of fixes while the older
one gets only a handful of those, which you don't seem to understand.

Jolly Roger

Feb 23, 2023, 10:15:42 PM2/23/23
It is actually John who doesn't understand: sometimes security
vulnerabilities don't exist in older versions of software. Since he's
not a professional software developer, he could be excused - except for
the fact that the whole reason he brings this up at all is because he is
trolling in the first place.